Huwebes, Agosto 7, 2014

A Blog With a Purpose




                I am a lover of books and a collector of ideas. I never let a day pass without finishing at least five pages and that my day usually ends in contemplation about the truthfulness or soundness of the things I've read. There are even times when I lose track of time just staring at the vastness of the sky, thinking about an ocean of conflicting worldviews, opinions and philosophies pertaining from the smallest scientific fact to the wholeness of life. I made it my quest to seek out for the multitude of meanings that existence possesses in itself. The only purpose I know is to understand life in general and share any understanding I obtain with my fellow citizens of this planet. It is a lifelong quest and a noble one.

                Hence, this blog was born. The internet is the fastest way of exchanging ideas in this modern century. This is my own little way of inviting everyone in this eternal conversation we call Philosophy. We all have our philosophies in life. This is evident in the patterns of behavior that we possess and subscribe to regardless of whether we recognize them or not. Most of us obtain satisfaction and wisdom from religion without realizing the theological assertions that a person makes when he says “I believe in God.” Some of us are apatheists who shun away and ignore questions about the existence of gods and on divinity; while others are simply hedonists who concern themselves with those things that bring them earthly pleasures. This blog is dedicated to everyone with a curious attitude towards life and its many-sided realities.

                I for one am a Humanist. I do believe that the life we have on this planet should be well-cherished for we will only live but once – and that the highest moral ideal is service towards others. We have the capacity for happiness and success in this lifetime and that we must also help others achieve that same realization. Reason, Science and Philosophy are the compasses that guide humanity in an expedition for the ideal Human society. It is my delight to share with you these ideas for this blog is in itself made for ideas. It doesn’t matter whether readers agree or disagree with part or all of my conclusions. Responses, be it positive or negative, are truly appreciated for they can wake me up from my ignorance or further strengthen my own philosophy. This blog was made in light of the democratic spirit.


Thank you and happy reading.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento